29 December 2011

HOLIDAY PARTYING (classily)!

I know I know, I've been a very bad blogger lately. But it's the holidays and things always get kind of ridiculous around these merry times. However, yesterday I had a little holiday swaray and I wanted to share with you some photos from the event's decor! Seeing as the party was a post-Christmas dinner party, I wanted to make sure it didn't reference the recently passed holiday too much, but still wanted to have some glitz of the season. I used a cool turquoise/green scheme and silk hydrangeas from Michael's created a focus. A ring of votive candles and smaller tea candles created sweet ambient light and I scattered antique medicine bottles for a rustic, anthropologie-esque feeling. The china I used was my great-grandmothers and I love the slight wear on it, showing years of love and use for these treasured antique dishes. The napkins, I discovered, were something my mother had collected in Germany. I love using and digging through all of the ridiculous amounts of things my family has acquired over the years and using as well as cherishing them. It is always such an interesting mix of old and new, thrifted and heirloom. I love having people over and getting everyone together. Cooking and decorating are some of my favorite hobbies also so this event combined all the things I love AND the friends I love as well!












No comments:

Post a Comment